Starparty by the River
About the event
For centuries humanity has looked at the skies and wondered in awe and reverence. How big is our universe? Are we alone in this vast universe? Answers to these questions are truly humbling. Join us for a weekend of unwinding with the stars at the serene Mokashi Farm. A place by the river and away from the busyness of the city. Begin your cosmic journey amongst the rustic wilderness of the Kawadas Village. The simplicity of the Kawadas and the beauty of their night skies will rejuvenate you from the stressful city life. To add to the excitement at the star party we will be celebrating the special contribution of women in the field of Astronomy.
Date: 9th March 2019
Venue: Mokashi Farm, Kawadas
Cost: ₹1799/ person
( For online payment, kindly click on Buy Now button. It will take you to two ticket options. We have separate options available for children (age 5-11) . Kindly go through them carefully before selecting one. )
This cost includes
- Pick & drop from Asangaon station to Mokashi Farm
- Evening snacks on reaching the site
- Breakfast for next morning before leaving the site
- Stay facility in the tent
- Overnight stargazing charges
Instruction for participants
- Carry your id proof like aadhaar card, pan card, driving licence.
- Carry warm cloths (Jackets, sweaters, shawl). The temperature considerably drops during the night time.
- The farm is close to the forest area so please wear socks and shoes if possible.
- Carry a torch, you will need it in the dark. Also don’t forget to cover it with red cellophane paper (gelatin paper).
- We will advise you to carry some snacks and soft drinks since you won’t be able to buy anything around the field. Please carry drinking water bottle, you will be able to refill the water.
- Carry your medication and mosquito repellent cream.
- Carry a Diary and Pen in case you would want to make note of things.
- For Astrophotography, the participants should bring in their own DSLR Camera, Tripod, Remote, Charger, Extra Battery and Intervalometer. Astrophotography will include star trails and landscape milkyway photography.
- Drinking and smoking in the observation field are strictly prohibited.
- You are expected to reach Asangaon station by 5:00 pm.
- We have a provision for separate washrooms for males & females.
- This is an edutainment program. All are requested to maintain the spirit of the program and co-operate. No unruly behaviour toward fellow participants will be tolerated.
- Parking facility for private vehicles are available.
- No one should wander off the field. Do not visit the forest area on your own even during the day time.
- Any kind of misbehaviour which causes a disturbance to other participants will not be tolerated and immediate action will be taken against the person or the group.
- An important point to remember Stargazing Mumbai is a voluntary base group of some Amateur Astronomers, our aim is to spread and popularise Astronomy.
- We do not call unless requested from your side. We have official email id: email@example.com and phone number: + 91 9112662662, + 91888988422. These are the only mode we will use for contacting you. Please be aware that we will not be calling/ emailing from any other number/ email id.
- Prior Registration and payment is compulsory for all the participants.
- You will be responsible for your personal belongings. If you are carrying telescopes, binoculars, tripods stands, camera etc., then please be careful with your own equipment. We will help you with setting the instruments, if you require it.
- Smoking and Drinking Alcohol is strictly prohibited on the field. Drunken participants will be asked to leave the field immediately. The organisers reserve the right to remove offending participants from the field.
- Stargazing Mumbai is not liable in any form for any kind of medical emergencies during the event.
Reach Asangaon station by 5:00 pm.
5:00 – 6:30 pm: Reach Mokashi Farms, Complete Registeration Process & Enjoy Refreshments
6:30 – 8:00 pm: Walkthrough our Inspiration zone
Engage in informal cosmic conversations with our team members
Observe Moon and Mars through the telescope
8:00 – 9:00 pm: Orientation to the Night Skies
9:00 – 10:00 pm: Constellation Game
10:00 – 11:00 pm: Dinner
11:00 – 12:30 am: See deepsky objects through the telescope
12:30 – 1:00 am: Celebrating women in Astronomy
1:00 – 1:15 am: Tea break
1:15 – 2:30 am: Astrophotography session 1
1:15 – 2:30 am: Deepsky objects through the telescope (for those who don’t opt for Astrophotography )
2:30 – 3:00 am: Nakshatras and Constellation folklore with bonfire (optional for those who have
opted for Astrophotography)
3:00 – 4:00 am: Astrophotography session 2
3:00 – 4:30 am: Rest hour
4:30 – 5:30 am: Planetary observation – Jupiter, Saturn and Venus through the telescope
5:30 – 7:00 am: Site Sink
7:00 – 8:00 am Tea and snacks
8:00 am Drop for Asangaon Station
This itinerary and Stargazing is subject to clear skies – in case the skies get cloudy the organisers may not be able to do much and a refund will not be possible.
This being said, keep your fingers crossed for clear skies.
For online payment, kindly click on Buy Now button. It will take you to various ticket options. We have three separate options available. Kindly go through them carefully before selecting one.