Overnight Stargazing Session at Dehene
Date: Coming Soon
Cost: ₹1650/ person
This cost includes
- Transport from asangaon station to Dehene village
- Evening snacks on reaching the site
- Breakfast for next morning
- Stay facility in the tent
- Overnight stargazing charges
- Mattress/ carpet to lie down
This cost does not include
- Transportation uptill Asangaon station
- Anything which is not included in “This cost includes” section
Instruction for participants
- Carry your id proof like aadhaar card, pan card, driving licence.
- Carry warm cloths. The temperature considerably drops during the night time.
- Carry mattress/ carpet/ bed sheet. This is very important since you need to lie down. We will not be able to provide/ arrange this.
- We will be near forest area so please wear socks and shoes in possible.
- Carry a torch, you will need it in the dark. Also don’t forget to cover it with red cellophane paper (gelatin paper). Do not Flash Bright Torch or Camera Flash on others during Observation Sessions. Human Eye requires 30 Minutes to completely adapt to the Dark Night Sky.
- Carry your own dinner and water (if unable to do so, please inform us prior to the event). We will also advise you to carry some snacks and soft drinks since you won’t be able to buy anything around the field. Please carry drinking water bottle, you will be able to refill the water.
- Carry your medication and mosquito repellent cream.
- Carry a Diary and Pen in case you would want to make note of things.
- For Astrophotography, participant should bring in their own DSLR Camera, Tripod, Remote, Charger and Extra Battery.
- Drinking is strictly prohibited. Smoking in vicinity of the site is forbidden.
- You are expected to reach Asangaon station by 3:30 pm.
- For female participants – we have basic facilities for washrooms available. Our team has female members who will be present on the field for entire night.
- This is an educational program and not a luxury trip. All are requested to maintain the spirit of the program and co-operate. No unruly behaviour towards fellow participants will be tolerated.
- Parking facility for private vehicles are available.
- No one should wander off the field. Do not visit the forest area even during the day time.
- Any kind of misbehaviour which causes disturbance to other participants will not be tolerated and immediate action will be taken against the person or the group.
- Important point to remember Stargazing Mumbai is a voluntary base group of some Amateur Astronomers, our aim is to spread and popularise Astronomy.
- We do not call unless requested from your side. We have official email id: firstname.lastname@example.org and phone number: + 91 9112662662, + 91888988422. These are only mode we will use for contacting you. Please be aware that we will not be calling/ mailing from any other number/ email id.
- Prior Registration and payment is compulsory for all the participants.
- You will be responsible for your personal belongings. If you are carrying telescopes, binoculars, tripods stands, camera etc., then please be careful with your own equipment. We will help you with setting the instruments, if you require it.
- Smoking and Drinking Alcohol is strictly prohibited on the field. Drunken participants will be asked to leave the field immediately. The organisers reserve the right to remove offending participants from the field.
- Stargazing Mumbai is not liable in any form for any kind of medical emergencies during the event.
Reach Asangaon station by 3:30 pm.
4:00 – 6:00 pm: Head towards the field.
6:00 – 7:00 pm: Evening snacks
7:30 – 8:00 pm: Orientation and introduction to the night sky
8:00 – 8:30 pm: Constellation session (For people who have not opted for Astrophotography)
8:00 – 8:30 pm: Basics of astrophotography (For people who are interested in Astrophotography)
8:45 – 9:30 pm: Viewing through the telescope
9:30 – 11:00 pm: Dinner Break
11:00 – 2:00 am: Viewing through telescope/ Astrophotography
2:15 – 2:45 am: Tea break
3:00 – 4:00 am: Constellation session (For people who have not opted for Astrophotography)
4:00 – 5:00 am: Viewing through telescope/ Astrophotography
5:00 – 8:00 am: Rest time in the tent
8:00 – 9:00 am: Breakfast and enjoy the view around the site.
9:30 am: Leave for the station
This itinerary and Stargazing is subject to clear skies – in case the skies get cloudy the organisers may not be able to do much and a refund will not be possible.
This being said, keep your fingers crossed for clear skies.