Mahuli Overnight Stargazing Session
Kindly read everything carefully!
Overnight stargazing sessions are designed for the Astronomy and stargazing enthusiast. We will together explore the night sky, understand the stories and myth about the constellations, watch the planets, galaxies, and other deep sky objects through the telescope. We will indulge in to cosmological conversations, make new friends, meet like minded people and explore the horizons.
Cost will include
- Fees for overnight stargazing session.
- Two times tea and drinking water will be available.
Cost won’t include
- Transportation between Asangaon and Mahuli Farm. Transportation will be arranged by Stargazing Mumbai team at the additional charge of Rs. 50. Vehicle for transport will be a private bus. You will be travelling with fellow stargazing enthusiast. This bus will run between the Asangaon station and Patil Farm for a fixed time period. Other alternative for the transportation is auto-rickshaw, they charge anywhere between Rs. 250 to Rs. 450 for a one way travel. Whoever miss the bus will be responsible for arranging their own transport.
*If you pay online this charges are exempted: online payment details are at the bottom of this page.
- Dinner – Stargazing Mumbai team will arrange for the dinner at the additional cost of Rs. 200. Food will be prepared by the women in the nearby village. The food plate will have 2 vegetable curry (sabji), 2 rice/wheat chapatti (roti), rice, daal and achar.
- Anything which is not mentioned in the “Inclusive of the charges”.
Instructions for participants
- Carry your id proof like aadhaar card, pan card, driving licence.
- Carry warm cloths. The temperature considerably drops during the night time.
- Carry mattress/ carpet/ bed sheet. This is very important since you need to lie down. We will not be able to provide/ arrange for this.
- We will be near forest area so please wear socks and shoes in possible.
- Carry a torch, you will need it in the dark. Also don’t forget to cover it with red cellophane paper (gelatin paper). Do Not Flash Bright Torch or Camera Flash on others during Observation Sessions. Human Eye requires 30 Minutes to completely adapt to the Dark Night Sky.
- Carry your own dinner and water (if unable to do so, please inform us prior to the event). We will also advise you to carry some snacks and soft drinks since you won’t be able to buy anything around the field. Please carry drinking water bottle, you will be able to refill the water.
- Carry your medication and mosquito repellent cream.
- Carry a Diary and Pen in case you want to make note of things.
- For Astrophotography, participant should bring in their own DSLR Camera, Tripod, Remote, Charger and Extra Battery.
- Drinking is strictly prohibited. Smoking in vicinity of the site is forbidden.
- You are expected to reach Asangaon station by 4:30 pm. Bus service will be available between 5 pm and 6 pm on Saturday from Asangaon to Patil Farm. On Sunday morning bus will leave Patil farm between 6 am and 7 am for the station.
- For female participants – we have basic facilities for washrooms available. Our team has female members who will be present on the field for entire night.
- This is an educational program and not a luxury trip. All are requested to maintain the spirit of the program and co-operate. No unruly behaviour towards fellow participants will be tolerated.
- Parking facility for private vehicle is available.
- No one should wander off the field. Do not visit the forest area even during the day time.
- Any kind of misbehaviour which causes disturbance to other participants will not be tolerated and immediate action will be taken against the person or the group.
- Important point to remember Stargazing Mumbai is a voluntary base group of some Amateur Astronomers, our aim is to spread and popularise Astronomy.
- We do not call unless requested from your side. We have official email id: firstname.lastname@example.org and phone number: + 91 9112662662, + 91 888988422. These are only mode we will use for contacting you. Please be aware that we will not be calling/ mailing from any other number/ email id.
- Prior Registration is compulsory for all the participants. To register click here .
- You will be responsible for your personal belongings. If you are carrying telescopes, binoculars, tripods stands, camera etc., then please be careful with your own equipment. We will help you with setting the instruments, if you require it.
- Smoking and Drinking Alcohol is strictly prohibited on the field. Drunken participants will be asked to leave the field immediately. The organisers reserve the right to remove offending participants from the field.
- Stargazing Mumbai is not liable in any form for any kind of medical emergencies during the event.
How to reach the field
- Private vehicle: People travelling by private vehicle can use google map to reach our location. You can access the link by clicking here.
- Public transport: People travelling by public transport can reach Asangaon station by central railway. We will have bus ready near the station to take you to the Patil farm. You are expected to reach the Asangaon Station between 4:30 pm and 5:00 pm.
Below is the train schedule for your convenience.
Reach Asangaon station by 4:30 pm.
5:00 – 6:00 pm: Head towards the field.
6:00 – 7:00 pm: Registration and settling down on the field
7:30 – 8:00 pm: Orientation and introduction to the night sky
8:00 – 9:00 pm: Constellation session
9:10 – 10:00 pm: Viewing through the telescope
10:00 – 11:30 pm: Dinner Break
11:30 – 1:00 am: Viewing through telescope
1:15 – 2:00 am: Cosmological/ scientific discussion
2:00 – 2:30 am: Tea break
2:30 – 3:15 am: Constellation Session
3:15 – 5:00 am: Viewing through telescope
This itinerary and Stargazing are subject to clear skies – in case the skies get cloudy the organisers may not be able to do much and a refund will not be possible.
This being said, keep your fingers crossed for clear skies.
We encourage you to pay online. If you have a group of 10 or more please call us on +91 8888988422/ +91 9112662662. We have discount available for you. Please click on the Buy Now to get various tickets.
Overnight stargazing session ticket – ₹300/ ticket
- Include the travelling fees (between Asangaon station and Patil farm)
- Overnight Stargazing charges
Dinner Ticket – ₹200/ ticket
Please do not forget to carry e-ticket (recommended, let’s save the trees) or hard-copy.
We do not get network on the field so please download the ticket or take a screenshot in case of e-ticket. If you have questions, kindly go through our FAQ page. If your questions are still not answered feel free to call us.