Starparty (Stargazing ++) at Dehene
Starparty at the Dehne is the perfect weekend getaway. If you want out from the busy city life, indulge in great skies and have some great conversations, we've got you back. Far from the concrete jungles and amidst the beautiful Sahyadri mountains, the star parties will rejuvenate you for your week(s) up ahead.
A panoramic view with beautiful Sahyadri mountains covering all 360degrees of your vision. This village offers a unique & rustic experience that will help you press the refresh button from your busy city life. If you’re looking to unwind under the stars and camp along with some fun stargazing activities; this is the place to be. Star parties at Dehene are a camping & stargazing experience that celebrates the scenic beauty and the clear dark skies!
- Overnight stargazing charges
- Evening snacks on reaching the site, Midnight Maggie
- Dinner( Veg)
- Two times Tea, Drinking water.
- Breakfast for next morning before leaving the site
- Stay facility in the tent (three sharing).
- Transportation( Currently Not Available) (Rs. 300 rupees extra for transportation between Asangaon stn. and Dehene Village)
- Anything which is not mentioned in the above.
1. Each and every member of the team wears protective mask while interacting with each other. It is compulsory for all the participants too, to wear masks and maintain distance while interacting.
2. If you have any symptoms like fever, dry cough, weakness, body aches, etc., at the time of screening, you won’t be able to participate in the event.
3. It is strongly recommended to wear full sleeves shirts/t-shirts, full pants and shoes.
4. Strictly avoid eating pan masala, smoking cigarettes or sniffing, actions which induce spitting, coughing or sneezing.
5. Avoid touching external surfaces and touching your mask and face continuously.
6. Carry hand wash and sanitizers; and clean your hands before touching food and other personal objects.
7. Try to wear caps, and face bandana over your mask. Covering up will help reduce exposure to the Covid19 virus.
8. Please cooperate during temperature checks, questioning for any symptoms, and oxygen level checks; these are done to help you limit the spread of the virus. All these checks will be conducted multiple times during the activities.
9. Kindly do not register for the event or travel if you have come in contact with someone who has contracted Covid19 in the last 14 days.
10. If any participant tests positive after returning from the event within the next 14 days, they should maintain transparency and inform Stargazing Mumbai. It will help all others isolate themselves and get tested.
Participants are requested to co-operate with Stargazing Mumbai to help us manage the situation.
- Carry your id proof like aadhaar card, pan card, driving licence.
- Carry warm cloths (Jackets, sweaters, shawl). The temperature considerably (13-14 Degrees) drops during the night time.
- The Campsite is close to the forest area so please wear socks and shoes if possible.
- Carry a torch, you will need it in the dark. Also don’t forget to cover it with red cellophane paper (gelatin paper).
- We will advise you to carry some snacks and soft drinks since you won’t be able to buy anything around the field. Please carry drinking water bottle, you will be able to refill the water.
- Carry your medication and mosquito repellent cream.
- Carry a Diary and Pen in case you would want to make note of things.
- For Astrophotography, the participants should bring in their own DSLR Camera, Tripod, Remote, Charger, Extra Battery and Intervalometer. Astrophotography will include star trails and landscape milkyway photography.
- Drinking and smoking in the observation field are strictly prohibited.
- We have a provision for separate washrooms for males & females.
- This is an edutainment program. All are requested to maintain the spirit of the program and co-operate. No unruly behaviour toward fellow participants will be tolerated.
- Parking facility for private vehicles are available.
- No one should wander off the field. Do not visit the forest area on your own even during the day time.
- Any kind of misbehaviour which causes a disturbance to other participants will not be tolerated and immediate action will be taken against the person or the group.
- An important point to remember Stargazing Mumbai is a voluntary base group of some Amateur Astronomers, our aim is to spread and popularise Astronomy.
- We do not call unless requested from your side. We have official email id: email@example.com and phone number: + 91 9112662662, + 91888988422. These are the only mode we will use for contacting you. Please be aware that we will not be calling/ emailing from any other number/ email id.
Currently we are not providing transportation from Asangaon station.
Reach Asangaon station by 3:30 pm.
- 4:30 – 6:00 pm: Head towards the Dehene Village.
- 6:30 : Reach at the Venue
- 6:30 – 7:15 pm: Evening snacks, Tea & Registrations.
- 7:30 – 8:00 pm: Orientation and Introduction to the night sky
- 8:00 – 9:00 pm: Constellation Session I
- 9:00 – 10:00 pm: Telescope Viewing I
- 10:00 – 11:00 pm: Dinner Break
- 11:00 – 12:00 pm: Campfire and Astronomical Discussion
- 12:00 – 1:00 am: Astronomical Game
- 1:00 – 1:30 am: Midnight Maggie.
- 1:30 – 2:30 am: Constellation ( Nakshatra ) Session II
- 2:00 – 3:30 am: Telescope Viewing II
- 3:30- 7:30 am: Rest (Enjoy the Sleeping in Tent)
- 7:30- 8:15 : Breakfast
- 8:00- 9:00: Watch Sun through Telescope
- 9:00 : Leave for Asangaon
This itinerary and Stargazing are subject to clear skies – in case the skies get cloudy the organisers may not be able to do much and a refund will not be possible.
This being said, keep your fingers crossed for clear skies.
- Prior Registration and payment is compulsory for all the participants.
- You will be responsible for your personal belongings. If you are carrying telescopes, binoculars, tripods stands, camera etc., then please be careful with your own equipment. We will help you with setting the instruments, if you require it.
- Smoking and Drinking Alcohol is strictly prohibited on the field. Drunken participants will be asked to leave the field immediately. The organisers reserve the right to remove offending participants from the field.
- Stargazing Mumbai is not liable in any form for any kind of medical emergencies during the event.
- Private vehicle: People travelling by private vehicle can use google map to reach our location. You can access the link by clicking here.
- Public transport: ( Currently Not Available) People travelling by public transport can reach Asangaon station by central railway. We will have bus ready near the station to take you to the Patil farm. You are expected to reach the Asangaon Station between 4:30 pm and 5:00 pm.
We accept only online payment for this event, kindly click on button below. It will take you to various ticket options. We have three separate options available. Kindly go through them carefully before selecting one.
Overnight Stargazing and Camping Ticket- 2000/ ticket
Child Ticket – Overnight Stargazing and Camping – 1700/ ticket
Transportation Ticket – 300/ ticket (Currently Not Available)
Private Ticket – 500 / Tent
Please do not forget to carry e-ticket (recommended, let’s save the trees) or hard-copy.
We do not get network on the field so please download the ticket or take a screenshot in case of e-ticket. If you have questions, kindly go through our FAQ page. If your questions are still not answered feel free to call us.
- If Event cancellation done by participant prior to 15 days of Event 100% of total price will be refunded.
- If Event cancellation done by participant prior to 10 days of Event 75% of total price will be refunded.
- If Event cancellation done by participant prior to 5 days of Event 50% of total price will be refunded.
- After that no refund will be provided on Event cancellation done by participant, irrespective even if you’ve booked within the last 5 days.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another date against cancellation.
- If event gets canceled we will refund Event amount only.